Would you like to bring a stronger spiritual presence into your life?
In Exodus 33:14, it says: My presence shall go with you and I will give you rest. God promises to be with us always, opening the door for us to establish and reciprocate the loving relationship He seeks to establish with us. He gives us a mind and a free will, never forcing himself on us. So, in the end, the creation of a strong spiritual presence of God in our life becomes our choice.
With God as our companion, we are always able to call upon Him for insights and guidance through the mazes of life. Bonding with God brings peace, helps to establish relationships with family and friends and produces the rest God promised.
A Message from the Authors
A Life Manual: In our book, Journeying on Holy Ground, we have provided a “Life Manual” to help readers establish the right priorities of life—God, Family and Career. We have written a book not about religion, but rather one that speaks to the spiritual dimension that is a part of every facet of life.
Get the God Connection: We begin the book with what we call the “God-connection” to help fill the spiritual void and separation from God that even the holiest of holy go through. Our first priority then is to never forget the consistent presence of God who is always at our beck and call—if we initiate the contact.
Make the Family Connection: The second priority is making the “Family-connection.” We share many “how-to's” to help readers create a strong marital relationship. (Jodi and Billy represent over 80 years of marriage.) We also have a generous amount of information on raising children. These ideas proved to be so sound that a local church included them as part of their parenting classes.
Let “Work” Work for You: Our third order of priority is the “Work connection.” If you are looking for ways to grow your career, find satisfaction with your work and make a positive impact on the job, you will find many techniques to accomplish all three. Read and apply, and we promise good things will happen with your career and your life. We close the book with a number of success strategies to apply throughout the process of working with these priorities.
About the Authors
Billy Arcement, MEd.
Billy is a Leadership Strategist who provides common sense leadership solutions for business and education leaders. His messages are described as challenging, thought-provoking, yet fun to hear. He blends his unique style of Cajun Humor with powerful messages that have proved to be a winning combination with every audience. Go to www.SearchingForSuccess.com to learn more about his services.
Deacon Jodi Moscona, JD
An Attorney, Author, Entrepreneur and Motivator, Deacon Jodi Moscona is regularly invited to address groups as a keynote speaker and along with others, offers powerful retreat experiences for groups in various settings. Jodi is also a teacher of success principles and has extensive experience training individuals and groups to “Reach their Goals and Achieve Success”. His website is www.deaconjodi.com.
Table of Contents
Part I: The Journey with God
- Chapter 1: The Start of the Journey
- Chapter 2: Using Our Time for God
- Chapter 3: Using Our Talents for God
- Chapter 4: Sharing Our Treasures with God
- Chapter 5: God’s Love for us
- Chapter 6: Fear, Faith, and Love
- Chapter 7: Creating Vertical Alignment
Part II: The Journey with Family
- Chapter 8: We Don’t Choose Family
- Chapter 9: Ideas to Build a Lasting Marriage
- Chapter 10; Journeying with Your Children
Part III: The Journey with Work
- Chapter 11: Some Thoughts about Work
- Chapter 12: Develop Personal Leadership Skills to Enhance Your Career
- Chapter 13: Develop Your Ability to Lead Others for Greater Career Opportunities
Part IV: The Journey to Personal Success
- Chapter 14: Do You Have A Little Stress in Your Life?
- Chapter 15: The Final Leg of the Journey
Part V: A Little Lagniappe
- The Journey Home
- The Spirit of Manresa
- Personal Growth and Self-Improvement Reading List
- About the Authors
Deacon Jodi and Billy Arcement conduct Parish Missions based in part on their book, Journeying on Holy Ground, in which they assist participants in determining:
- How to make a personal “God Connection”, how to bring a stronger presence of God into their life. That’s the foundation upon which all of life is built.
- How to create a strong marital relationship
- Insights into raising children in a daunting world while strengthening family bonds
- How to grow their career, create greater satisfaction with their job all the while maintaining that all important spiritual connection with God.
Missions can be tailored to your parish needs. For details about their missions: